The Activities of the ARTA Include in the last
- Energy Credits Scheme before the Govt passed this bill it was
known as DAFGS.
- New Driving Hours review issue.
- 26m B-Double length issues.
- ARTAs 2nd Safety Awareness Day at Dubbo with 3,500 attendees.
- ARTAs successful work on gaining approval for road train
- ARTAs campaign with the Country Trucking Caucus in cooperation
with LTA NSW and NatRoad in our plight for Increased multi combination
access in western NSW, Grain Harvest Loading, Livestock Loading
and Higher Mass Limits in NSW with success in the Dubbo area.
Political lobbying to Local, State and Federal
- AUSTRALIAN PARLIAMENT HOUSE APR 2003 Due to the close
association that our organisation has with politicians, it was
with great appreciation that the Honourable Deputy Prime Minister
John Anderson agreed to interrupt his personal break to meet with
ARTA Executive, with valuable time spent with Senior Policy Adviser
Stuart St Clair and the Deputy PMs Senior Media Advisor,
Duncan Bremner at Parliament House on April. This highlights that
our organisation can hold one on one meetings with people who
have the power to make a difference.
- COUNTRY TRUCKING CAUCUS NSW. ARTA along with the ATA,
NatRoad and the LTA NSW conducted a 20 town state-wide road-show
throughout New South Wales from July 2002 leading up to the NSW
Election in March 2003. This kept us in touch with local issues
around the state, and helped focus local MPs on issues vitally
important to the road transport issues.
- COUNTRY TRUCKING CONGRESS - NSW PARLIAMENT - SEPT 2003 to lobby
Ministers, and Members of Parliament on issues vitally important
for Road Train & Multi Combination Operators.
- ARTA & LTAQ Combined Transport Operators Forum - AUG 2003,
at Cloncurry Qld we held an open forum meeting as a combined effort
between ARTA and the Livestock Transporters Association Qld where
operators and clients had the opportunity to put their point of
view to the industry regulators and the enforcement authorities.
- DUBBO CITY COUNCIL - A new 36.5m road train routes on the Newell
Highway (Bourke St) Dubbo from River Street to Purvis Lane Was
also been announced. This notice remains in force till 1 January
2007. This announcement follows representations and trials by
the ARTA last Sept/Oct and the lodgment of a formal application
- ATA COUNCIL MEETS WITH ACTING PRIME MINISTER including ARTA
Executive met again with the Acting Prime Minister, John Anderson
in August in relation to the National Transport Plan (AusLink)
and the fact that the Government was aware of the problems created
via the recent excise increase on regular diesel. The industry
has been continuing its representations to the Government on the
issue of Diesel Excise Differential and the supply of Ultra Low
Representation on National issues through membership of the
- Driving Hours Regulations for Heavy Vehicles
- B-Double length
- Drivers Medicals
- Compliance & Enforcement Legislation
- Increasing Road Access
- Taxes and charges- DAFGS
- Transport and Road Rules
Promoting National Road Safety Truck Safe Accreditation core
provider with National Standards in:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Driver Health · Training
- Organise Fee for Service
- Organise TFMS Training
- National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme
- NHVAS Maintenance Management
The ARTA has strong participation in:
- ATA Council Meetings
- ATA State Council Meetings
- ATA Truck Safe Auditors Meetings, and through the board of directors
core providers delegate.
- Remote Areas Group Meetings
- Annual National Drive for safety Days
- Local Government Transport Committee